There's not been much in the way of official illustrations connected with the 'Legacy of the Force' novel series so far.
The Bantam novels were relatively well-served by the RPG sourcebooks and the comics taking place in the same timeframe, while for the NJO, the Star Wars Insider and Star Wars Gamer took up a lot of the stack.
However, for 'Legacy of the Force', the only visual sources thus far have been the character portraits on the covers of the novels, a few illustrations in Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force, and a couple of "Star Wars Miniatures" RPG figures.
Of all the new characters, only Jacen Solo really seems to be developing any sort of defined look--and there are no pictures at all of the large numbers of new spaceship and starfighter designs.
In this situation, some fans are beginning to notice the void--and to exert their own creativity. There's a discussion thread about the issue on TF.N's message board.
Forum member CernStormrunner was inspired to create this fan schematic for the Alliance's Aleph-class starfighter, but by far the most prolific contributor is Drone04, who has produced hs own versions of a large number of Alliance warships.
Bear in mind that these are unofficial, but take a look for yourself:
* Eta-5 interceptor The first new fighter to figure prominently in 'Legacy of the Force' was one of the first subjects Drone04 turned his attention to, with this very TIE-like version.
* StealthX The Jedi Order's sneak-attack version of the X-wing, which had debut in Troy Denning'sDark Nest trilogy, also inspired an image from Drone.
* Mandalorian Bes'uliik Starfighter: this new fighter from Karen Traviss's Sacrifice gets two versions from Drone, the first done before detailed spoilers appeared, the second following the description in the novel more closely.
* Galactic-class battle carrier Dodonna: for the command ship of the Alliance Second Fleet, introduced in Aaron Allston's Betrayal, Drone04 has offered not only his idea of how it looks but also a connected set of schematics.
* Bothan Assault Frigate: this is a type of ship that's only been seen from a distance in a few scenes, but someone asked Drone to draw a version of it, and he did just that.
And there's more!
A member of our message-boards forum who calls himself ShawnRez commissioned a picture of Jacen Solo/Darth Caedus from comic-book artist Terry Moore, best known as the creator of Strangers in Paradise.