Battle of Endor
TFN is extremely pleased to bring you this freeware 3D Space Combat Sim based on the climatic battle in Return of the Jedi against the Second Death Star. Battle of Endor, made by Bruno R. Marcos (e-mail), pits you against wave after wave of TIE Fighters, TIE Interceptors, Star Destroyers, and Lord Vader's Personal Ship, the Super Star Destroyer Executor. It is an amazing game, a true pleasure to play.
For more Screenshots, we have a Screenshots Page
with many shots through the game.
In order to run the game, you need:
- DirectX 8.1
- 1.4 Ghz and higher processors (you can experience lower framerates on slower processors)
- 3D Graphics Card
- Windows 98, ME, 2000 or XP
Battle of Endor has been updated to Version 2.1. The following corrections, and additions have been made:
- TrueVision3d engine upgrade (6.2)
- Joystick support Improved -
Using a Joystick may cause an error message box to appear when exiting the game, (3D engine issue).
- GUI improvement and bugfixes
- Fixed some Win98, Win98SE, WinME critical bugs, 32bit 3D card is necesary, the game will not initialize with some 3D cards.
- WinXP minimize -
The minimize problem on XP systems appears when we change the video resolution in the game, (3D engine issue).
Solution: select the video resolution you want to use, then save the options menu, exit the game and restart it, so
the game loads the desired resolution at the begining.
The Previous Version, 2.0c included the following updates:
- TrueVision3d engine upgrade (6.1b).
- Improved AI.
- Improved many 3d models.
- Improved menu options (video mode, joystick, redefine keys, ...) with save option.
- High score table.
- Quality sound samples.
- Skip intro (ESC).
- Many bugfixes.
- New features: extra torpedos and lives,alternative executor destruction
- Finally fixes the other famous bug: runtime error '9'
- also added a cheat: 'use the force' from the begining against the TIE ordes and you will win...something ;-)
The Previous Version, 1.1, included these updates:
- Memory management optimized
- Many bug fixes that caused the game not to work properly
- Radar improved
- Difficulty option
- Invert mouse option
You can download Battle of Endor from the TFN Server
Feel free to discuss this in our Jedi Council Forums
We also have the README from the game file.
Battle of Endor is programmed in Visual Basic 6 using the TrueVision3D engine. The Models were made in MilkShape 3D.